Okay - shopping report - How am I doing? Well, not so good at staying in budget - but I feel great about my purchases! I spent $180 on Friday between Win-Co and Costco (not including dog food - anybody want to guess how many pounds of dog food it takes to feed over 300 pounds of dogs for 1 month? It's not a pretty sight!). I got everything off my list, a box of diapers, PLUS a ton that I hadn't budgeted for!
Additional items:
*Stove Top stuffing - $0.75/box!! I'm a sucker for it!
*a turkey - you can't beat $0.50/pound
*sweetened condensed milk - $0.99/can
*ice cream - $5.99/5 quarts
*10 cans of soup and a 12 each of cream of mushroom & cream of chicken soup! - Campbells at $.50/can
BUT!!!! As I passed Albertson's today, I think I read that they had the cream soups (Albie's brand) for only $0.29/can - so if you need to stock up, it's worth checking it out! Also, I think they said that Albie's has Green Giant (??) vegetables for only $0.39/can - that's as good as case lot prices, so I think that's a good deal, too.
*10 Totino's pizzas
*10 Chicken Pot Pies for lunches
*?????
Anyway - most of what I got I felt was a great buy and went well in my storage room - the best part is - I have SO many options for meals this month. It has already been tasty!
So, then today I got stuck waiting for Clay at a birthday party for 2 hours. I checked out JC Penny - nothing I couldn't live without.
Then I hit Wal-Mart.
All Halloween - 90% off!!!! What can I say, I am my Mother's daughter - I couldn't resist. I bought just a tiny bit of the yucky waxy chocolate candy to pacify the boys, but I did stock up on 20 costumes at $1-$2 each - maybe the boys will wear them, maybe they will just use them for dress up - but if any of you are in need of boys costumes size 0-12, just let me know - I've got quite a selection! So, I spent another $30 (also bought a ton of mouse killer supplies - I spied a nasty little varmin in my house today!)
Then, I went to Smith's -
bought a bag of 8 grapefruit for $1.50 - Travis thinks it's a waste, but I will LOVE them!
bought a bag of 20 roma tomatoes for $0.29/pound ($1.39 total) - can't lose
bought 8 gatorade & 2 hot chocolate boxes for $0.49/each - buy 10 get $5 off!
Also bought 2 sour cream and 2 cottage cheese for $0.88 each
And I broke down and bought a soda and 2 candy bars for $1.00 (buy the soda, get 2 candy bars for free).
Spent $16.
So, not such a good budget month - I've already spent a little over $220 and I still have the rest of the month to make it through for ward dinner, family dinners, Thanksgiving, and weekly milk, eggs, and bread. Hope I make it!
How are you all doing?
No comments:
Post a Comment