Monday, August 5, 2013
Easy Corn Chowder
2 cans (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
1 bag (16 oz.) frozen corn, thawed
3 small red potatoes, peeled and cut in 1/2-inch pieces (we like to add quite a few more potatoes, and I don't peel them, but whatever is your taste)
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium onion, diced (as with most onions, we use dried minced onion instead)
1 stalk celery, sliced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/4 tsp. ground coriander (I never have this in the house, so I just leave it out)
1/2 C. heavy cream (I've substituted milk, it works)
8 slices bacon, crisp-cooked and crumbled
Place broth, corn, potatoes, bell pepper, onion, celery, and spices in crockpot, cover, and cook on low 7-8 hours. Partially mash soup mixture with potato masher to thicken. Stir in cream; cook on high, uncovered, until hot. Adjust seasonings to taste. Sprinkle with bacon (and cheese!) to serve.
(I like corn chowder and Andrew's not a fan of soups, so I keep collecting recipes in hopes of finding an easy one he'll love. What I like about this is the sneaky extra vegetables I can get Carli to eat, especially with goldfish or saltine crackers!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment