Labels

Friday, October 29, 2010

Batter-Dipped Chicken Nuggets

Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Biscuit and Baking Flour Mix
water
Italian Herb Seasoning
Chicken Breasts, chopped into nuggets

Mix flour, water, and a pretty heavy amount of Italian seasoning to a little more runny than pancake batter consistency.  Let rest for 5 minutes.  Coat chicken pieces in mixture, drop into oil and fry.  Drain on paper towels.  If you slightly undercook these, you can freeze them for later.  Reheat at 350 degrees for 20 minutes from frozen, spread out on a cookie sheet.

I know this is a gluten-free recipe, but if you don't tell anyone, they'll never know.  Our grocery store sells this flour for about $4 for a bag, but those bags go a long way.  The first time I made these, I just cut up 2 chicken breasts (which also go a long way when cut up in bite-sized pieces), but they were a huge hit, so now I at least double that.  I mix my flour mixture in a cereal bowl - it doesn't take a lot.  Andrew loves these, and since I tend to overcook them, he can pull a container out of the freezer and pop them in the microwave around lunchtime, take a small container of ranch, and they beat the heck out of McDonald's chicken nuggets, on taste as well as price. Great with homemade french fries, but cook them after, because if they burn the oil gets nasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment